External sleeve choke - JVS model VES
- Size available from 1" to 12".
- Pressure rating: 2000, 3000, 5000, 10000, 15000 psi and ANSI classes up to 4500#.
- Body/bonnet materials like carbon steel, low alloy steel, stainless steel, duplex stainless steel, nickel alloy and low alloy steel with 3mm finish nickel alloy cladded on wet areas to suit different service conditions.
- Enlarged body gallery maximizes flow capacity and minimizes body & outlet erosion.
- Bolted bonnet enhances safety.
- Bonnet may be hammer lug type or bolted type.
- Accurate 'micrometer' style position indicator.
- Linear non-rotating stem movement increases stem packing life.
- Shut off to ANSI Class IV, V (and Class VI).
- Cartridge style trim installation uses no internal threads or special tools – ease of field maintenance.
- Pressure balancing plug design reduces operating torque.
- Range of actuators and mounting kits are optional for ease of automation.
- Spring energized lip seals with scrapers and bearings used for dynamic seals enhance reliability of stem packing and pressure balance sealing.
- Center to face distance can be manufactured as per customer requirement. However JVS has standard dimensions as per best industry practice.
4 x 4 control choke trim
- Flow is directed through ports into the center of the trim where it impinges on flow from the opposite port.
- 4 diametrically opposite ports will provide the highest wear resistance in a 'cage' type flow trim.
- 4 small ports in the lower section provide fine control at low openings while 4 larger ports provide capacity for higher flows.
- 4 Port flow geometry provides a balanced flow pattern, which starts as an equal percent type characteristic and moves towards linear. Flow rate is adjusted by the use of a sleeve moving outside the flow cage for External Sleeve' type choke.