API 6A gate valve
- Body and bonnet are constructed from high quality forged steel.
- For severe service application, weld-clad or corrosion resistance alloy linings will be applied to base forgings for maximum protection for the valve’s internal service area.
- Sealing between gate and seat is metal to metal.
- JVS gate valves incorporate a spring-loaded, pressure-energized, non-elastomeric lip-seal between the seat and the body. This gives protection against particle intrusion and prevents body erosion.
- Special spring-loaded, pressure-energized, non-elastomeric stem packing designs will extend the temperature rating of the gate valve from -46 °C to 180 °C.
- The gate and seat assembly have a minimum number of parts. One-piece seat and gate ensure reliable sealing and ease of field service.
- JVS gate valve can be used bi-directionally.
- The stem shoulder can be back seated against the bonnet to isolate the stuffing box, which allows field replacement of the stem packing while the valve is under pressure.
- The non-rising stem, which is supported by two-needle roller thrust bearings, prevents cavity pressure increase or displacement of cavity lubricant.
- JVS gate valve grease fitting has a built-in check valve. The stem, gate, and seat are lubricated through the grease fitting. No sealant or lubrication ports extend directly into the valve cavity.
- The seal between the valve body and bonnet is a pressure-energized style metal bonnet gasket for pressure valves.
- Hand wheel latch pin provided for easy assembly and dismantling of hand wheel to save time
- The bottom retainer plate is provided as a gate guide during operations.
- Remote position operated gate valve available in two types:
- Hydraulic double acting actuator operated gate valve for fail last position.
- Hydraulic double acting spring return actuator operated gate valve for fail close position.
Note: Manual override is standard feature in both above.